Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss I got something to test!!!! in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

Protilers

its been really difficult for us all to get together (Ray, Gary and I)......after all we all work for a living!!!!

but I have received a "DRY" drilling bit from ATS Diamond tools.............(what sizes do you have ATS?).....

IMG_1927_zps9b0035aa.jpg

I will find a minute (or two) next week and try and kill it in the lab!!!!!!!

all the best

Lee

P

Protilers

can I get a deal on a complete set ATS?.....you cant really wet drill worktops etc........makes the job take longer so........complete set price???

C

Concrete guy

can I get a deal on a complete set ATS?.....you cant really wet drill worktops etc........makes the job take longer so........complete set price???

The fundamental ethos behind these drills is the dry cut.

On a pure cost per hole basis the electroplated bits (at the budget end of the market) or full professional wet fed bits (like the Marcrist system) are not going to be surpassed.

But when you need to cut something dry, this is the solution.

P

Protilers

The fundamental ethos behind these drills is the dry cut.

On a pure cost per hole basis the electroplated bits (at the budget end of the market) or full professional wet fed bits (like the Marcrist system) are not going to be surpassed.

But when you need to cut something dry, this is the solution.

Dry bits are always going to burn out quicker than wet bits......top end or budget....(due to friction!) but if you are doing certain types of work then a dry bit will save you hours.....and therefore you will make more money......and you WILL throw a drill bit away!!!!...like tap holes in worktops etc!........but I have been dry drilling ceramic tiles for years and there is no mess, its quicker to set up.....so horses for courses!!!!!

in my armoury of tooling....... dry and wet drills are a must......I I would be really interested in a "complete" set price......as i am sure the other members would?

all the best

Lee

C

Concrete guy

You've thrown me a bit there Lee, I've not actually been asked for an entire set before, people just tend to buy the sizes they need.

Leave that with me.

P

Protilers

us professional forum members get a huge discount for purchasing a set!!!!!.....dont we?....hhehehehheheeeeee

P

Protilers

You've thrown me a bit there Lee, I've not actually been asked for an entire set before, people just tend to buy the sizes they need.

Leave that with me.

I need all the sizes.........this is what I do for a living!!!!...hehheeeehehehehee

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Looking forward to this test Lee. I bought a bunch of the 'normal' diamond bits the other week. BRILLIANT. They are so cheap I actually gave one away to a plumber who was apprehensive about drilling into porcelain tiles for a shower surround.

P

Peter

Should be a good test. Even the budget ones don't need much water, I run them more moist than wet.

Reply to I got something to test!!!! in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks