Search the forum,

Discuss how to seal copper pipes? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

bexcina

TF
Reaction score
Hi - Could any one advise what product to use to seal around copper pipes that stick out of tiles e.g. showers, rads ...

i'm looking for a product that does not cause any degredation to the copper over time...

i'm posting here as there seems to be a lot of plumbers saying its the tillers job, or tillers saying its the plumbers job.. but as yet i've not found any conclusive answers...

so any help appreciated!

O

Old Mod

Hi welcome to the forum,
U need a product similar to this.
It's made by Schluter and called Kerdi KM

Schluter-DITRA - Schluter-Systems

To expand on that, this is a pipe collar to be used in conjunction with a tanking kit.

Dural also make a similar product, again for use with a tanking kit.
@Lee@TileTown can help u with that product.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
It can be either to be fair. But tiling is a finishing trade so tilers make good, prepare, then tile. So perhaps slightly more down to the tiler.

I'd have always used BAL WP1. Cheap and easy to use and does a great job. Sealed a leaking old shed roof once with it. Got another few years out of it.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I think the OP means when everything is complete how do you finish off any exposed copper pipes and who's job is it to do so?

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
If it is the finishing off then I would have asked the plumber to user chrome pipe rather than copper. If it does need to be covered then I would ask the plumber to provide these

Radiator Valve Tubes & Collars

Reply to how to seal copper pipes? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen