Search the forum,

Discuss How to raise this sub floor? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Sam96

-
Reaction score
Can anyone suggest the best way to lift this concrete sub floor so that when it is tiled it can be level with the wood? Previously was tiled over tile which is why the level is 2 tiles de

I am thinking cement boards?

also Can cement boards be stuck Directly over this concrete sub floor even if it has old adhesive? the adhesive is solid or does it need to be removed?

thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 25

faceman

TF
Arms
Reaction score
sorry to hijack this thread but I need to something similar over an anhydrite screed with ufh. I assumed insulation boards would be no use because of ufh. Would anybody recommend hardi backer adhesived down. There is very little info on this, I may even be the first to face this problem. It's only 180m2.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
sorry to hijack this thread but I need to something similar over an anhydrite screed with ufh. I assumed insulation boards would be no use because of ufh. Would anybody recommend hardi backer adhesived down. There is very little info on this, I may even be the first to face this problem. It's only 180m2.

How much have you got to raise by?

You could level the floor with this.

Reply to How to raise this sub floor? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen