Search the forum,

Discuss How to prep a kitchen in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
so, bit of info.... I’m looking to become a professional tiler but yet a long way to go!

But I’m just wondering if a kitchen i were tiling has uneven walls, how would you professionals go about it?

My old boss (not a tiler) did the “dot n dab” method which obviously is not the way to go!

In mind, the customer has a lowish budget

Would you take the job?

W

Waluigi

I’d get them flat before starting.

Plasterers are good at getting walls looking good. Some get the walls flat, very few get the walls flat and level. That’s with a float and set anyway.

D&D PB is east so doesn’t really count as plastering.

B

Blunt Tool

Shouldn’t really be charging anyone for anything you do not have full confidence in to deliver a professional job. Tell the customer your inexperience and let them decide if they are willing to go ahead

Reaction score
Sorry if i mislead, I’ve not actually got a kitchen to do, I’m just trying to get an understanding.

I’m no where near experience to start yet.

I’m looking to do a few weekends with a local tiler soon and then go on to do a tiling course.

My main concern is that if the walls aren’t level then a lot of diy tilers will dot and dab to compensate, hence they can do a cheaper quote. (Obviously not going to be good if D&D)

D

Dumbo

You can't compare apples with pears and if you lose it you have to let it go . You will build a future buy doing quality sound work not trying to get the job at all costs . I have got many a job when I know I have been clearly more expensive .

Reply to How to prep a kitchen in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen