Search the forum,

Discuss How to fix this disaster in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hello, I was looking for help on getting my floor ready for porcelain tiles and was directed here.

Old tiles were taken out of an old floor leaving dry dirt patches where the concrete was removed with tile, lots of broken concrete bits and, in the kitchen, exposed pipe (which seems to be carrying wires) and dirt that is the consistency of clay.

The guy fixing the floor told me he is going to remove loose concrete pieces, put sand and gravel under the exposed pipes (which for some reason seem like there is nothing under them) and them mix cement, gravel and sand and pour it to fill up the holes (i guess not over the part of the floor where concrete is already exposed).

The thickness of the concrete that is there already is around 2-3 inches.

Any suggestions on 1) preparing the floor as it is now in the images 2) aggregate size 3) should he just pour new concrete over everything? Any info will be appreciated...(the second pic is the kitchen--with recently broken tile and concrete) appreciated.
floor1.PNG
kitchen floor2.PNG

Reply to How to fix this disaster in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen