Search the forum,

Discuss How to finish a large gap to ceiling... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dougalogic

Hi Folks,
I have nearly finished tiling my bathroom and am getting to the point of grouting/silicone. One wall is lower than the rest, however, so the ceiling slopes down to it - I wasn't really thinking when tiling along it and I should have mitred the tiles, but haven't so there is quite a large gap, maybe 1/2 inch at front of tile. Any thoughts on what the best way is to finish it? BTW In the rest of the room the tiles go up to the ceiling and I am going to put a bead of silicone along.
cheers
Dougal

B

B16JOG

Hiya,

Use a narrow guage coving or a wide guage quadrant on top of the tile to the ceiling?

Regards,

John

D

Dougalogic

Thanks John, but I'm really looking to avoid plastic beading as there would only be 1 wall with it on. Ideally I want to reduce the size of the gap and use silicone but not sure how to do it.

B

B16JOG

Then, I would suggest that you simply use a filler and paint the same colour as the ceiling.....you will be surprised how well they will blend

M

Mike

I'm doing one like that at the moment, I'm measuring the front of the tile to the ceiling then after cutting I grind the back of the top of the tile to accomodate the sloping ceiling

tapatalk on my HTC

Reply to How to finish a large gap to ceiling... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen