Search the forum,

Discuss How to drum up business ???? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tysfoot

Im fairly new tiling and ive been getting a few jobs here and there but i work part time in the mornings so not having a job for a week or so dosn't affect me,

Im due to go self employed after february when the xmas money drought has ended

I am asking what you other tilers use to get business and what sort of a waiting list you have for new customers in busy and slow periods

Like any new tiler im dubious to make the switch from a regular income to the big bad world of self employed

I use yellow pages, box add, is it worth doing local papers every week and flyers etc, and also phoning contractors
Like people say there is good money to be made out there, i just need some freindly advice and how and where to find it !!!
----
ive read all the business start up threads but i prefer to ask people than read official stuff

Last edited by a moderator:
P

penno

I started up only a few months ago and have tried varies methods to get business. Spent 5 days posting 5000 leaflets and didn't get one single call from them. I know a kitchen and bathroom fitter who gives me plenty of work and i also get a lot of work from advertising in the local paper. If you are going to advertise in the local paper i would recommend that you put yourself in there every week, not just now and again.

T

tysfoot

i puy myself in a few weeks a go for 1 week and got two calls from that, do you use yellow pages,

How hard or easy is it to get registered as self employed then, how much experience did you have when you made the switch,

are you reeping the rewards

Reaction score
Im fairly new tiling and ive been getting a few jobs here and there but i work part time in the mornings so not having a job for a week or so doesnt affect me,

Im due to go self employed after february when the xmas money drought has ended

I am asking what you other tilers use to get business and what sort of a waiting list ou have for new customers in busy and slow periods

Like ay new tiler im jubious to make the switch from a regular income to the big bad world of self employed

I use yellow pages, box add, is it worth doing local papers every week and flyers etc, and also phoning contractros

Like people say there is good money to be made out there, i just need some freindly advice and how and where to find it !!!
----
ive read all the business start up threads but i prefer to ask people than read official stuff
hello ty...have a look at what i did...

http://www.tilersforums.com/tilers-forums-arms/2385-marketing.html?highlight=marketing

Reply to How to drum up business ???? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen