Search the forum,

Discuss how do I? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doug boardley

a few of my friends are accomplished musicians, and consequently make cd's of their work. Most is of rock genre(covers), but not the mainstream stuff. The question is... can I download to the forum, say on a night when we're just listening and commenting on toonz, or would that be breaking an original artists royalty dues?, if it's not breaking any rules, how do I download a toon from my cd drive onto the forum?:carolers:

C

Colour Republic

A publishing deal wound have needed to have been signed, MCPS collect royalties for this (sales) or PRS (Airplay). But I think you'll find millions are out there on the net breaking the rules. It's still a grey area but something may have come into force to cover this as it's been a long time (7 years) since I worked in the industry

P

Prem Tiler

I used arazona by KOL as the backing track on the vid I put on you tube of underfloor heating. I got an email from youtube saying I'm risking being done for copyright etc etc but they also said there happy to leave the vid on unless emi or who ever there recording company is want to take action.

Facebook however wouldn't load it to there site. they were happy to post the link from youtube but would not take the responcability them selfs?? make of that what you want.

Reply to how do I? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen