Currently reading:
How cool is this !

Search the forum,

Discuss How cool is this ! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

rainsco

its a copy from a stone mason in germany i think. but i have seen this design in diffrent variations but i think first one was in jura limestone. much more worthy: slide531.jpg

R

rainsco

no, i can´t make this. to much diffrent radii and the form is to special. its a work from a cnc center. they mill it all without radii tools with a 20mm head miller. all pathways are programmed.
maby in a few years i have the skills to do this by hand in the china hand made method.

but when i see the form i have an idea. the outer radii can do by a saw blade. so i need a saw blade support for my manuell center. its available (for drop out grooves) but i can not adjust the angle. (i want to build something like that in future) so i have to turn the complete machine. or do it by hand with the flex cs 60.
but i think its not worth the effort. if i want to sell something like this i would go for a cnc center. its available used for about 20 000euro .. but then you need tools, then you need software and then you need to make quantity. then you are a slave of your machines and your ongoing credit :)
the outer form i can mill with a template.

Reply to How cool is this ! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement