Search the forum,

Discuss Hole in floor where wall was - now what?!?!? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

SteveyJ

HI All

Dont know if this should be posted here but I dont know what to put it under so if it needs to be moved mods please do.

I'm tiling my open plan kitchen dinner, and I have had a window cut out and fitted a large pair of french doors. Now I want to tile all the floor but I have a big long whole the length of the doors where it now reveals the cavity which the old internal skin used to be infront which the window sat on (hope this makes sense)?

So how do I tile over this hole and tile upto the doors sill;

My thoughts are fill the whole with balast (but then this is touching the ground and also external wall below DPC so will damp then potentially enter?
Or board the whole floor with cement boards and hope it straddles the weight across a 3" hole (sounds bodgy lol)

What should I do?

Thanks Steve

W

White Room

I would use a bitumen paint/tanking and then use a sharp sand screed to fill the hole.....

Reply to Hole in floor where wall was - now what?!?!? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen