Search the forum,

Discuss Hole cutting guide in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

afright

TF
Reaction score
Got this from Amazon £17 +pp used it today great so easy to use the suction pad holds fast when drilling, under Merry Tools HK.

Attachments

• 61MbBHV+GCL._SL1000_.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
D

DHTiling

I was just looking at the very same product on Amazon earlier in the week ... is the rubber pad soft or the hard cheap type..? .. do you think it will grip slightly riven finish or pitted surface stone. ?

afright

TF
Reaction score
I have only used it on polished porcs the suction pad is fairly soft but do not know what it might be like once it has had a bit of use my old one that came with hole kit did go hard,but being plastic dont know how much it would take before it breaks.

Last edited:
C

Concrete guy

We really should get some of these in but I've been put off by the construction so far.

P

Protilers

I like the "Rollers"...that is a smart amendment!......nice

thanks for sharing!

Lee

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I bought my 1st one about ten years ago, I have at least four in my van atm. As mark says a template made from ply, mdf, or even plasterboard works well.

On polished porcelain glazed tiles or any smooth faced tile, they are very good, but for riven or rough tiles I stick to a template and a steady knee and eye.:thumbsup:

afright

TF
Reaction score
You can unscrew the guide wheels to clean them, and yes I also have a ply template but it is a night mare on polished porcs was thinking of putting rubber on it until I saw the guide, it is a good hole guide best I've used.

P

Protiler999

I have used it on smooth wall ceramic tiles very successfully so far, will have to see on riven/rough tiles

Reply to Hole cutting guide in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen