Search the forum,

Discuss Hints and tips in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

Gonna start a new thread for those of us who want to share those little trade secrets, it's in the arms so the DIY can't see it. It's those little tricks that make life as a tiler a bit easier.

Sent via Tapatalk for iPhone 5

I

Ian

My tip today, drill all your holes for your fixings prior to grouting. It stops any dust from drilling discolouring grout. Drill the holes, cover them with tape, then grout. It allows you to put fixings back without the risk of getting brick/tile dust on your fresh grout.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353784349.816417.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353784364.173733.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353784387.522867.jpg

Sent via Tapatalk for iPhone 5

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353784349.816417.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353784364.173733.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353784387.522867.jpg

B

bugs183

Mine is next time you use Tradetiler, just add a bags of 2,3,and 4mm spacers to the order and a bag of spare silicon nozzles.
Saves lots of time and agro trying to clean nozzles and time wasted when you forget to buy spacers from your supplier.

T

Time's Ran Out

Tell the customer you will be finished tomorrow and give them their Invoice now for payment on completion as agreed at the Estimate stage.

O

On one

Try and ensure pelmet lights/downlighters are fitted before you grout. They show every little fault in the grouting

P

Peter

When cutting checks around windows, rather than scribing a side and cutting the other side on the wetsaw, scribe both and run a diagonal saw cut into the centre point. Nice clean finish.

I

Ian

I have a small piece of 4 inch pipe in the van, great as a template for soil pipes.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354477924.563290.jpg

Sent via Tapatalk for iPad

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354477924.563290.jpg

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Panel pins are great for fixing trim and for tapping into the wall if you have a tile that won't quite stand how it should.

Reply to Hints and tips in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen