Search the forum,

Discuss here we go again (builders) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jay

builder ive worked for for 5 odd years has been doing own waterproofing (thought i was a bit dear more like he thought he could make a quick dollar) well on the last two jobs i had to fix waterproofing as wasn't happy didn't charge on first one (thought he would learn ) second one i charged extra (which he didn't pay) well this one was no better so took pics this time and just did what was needed to fix then tile as i explained to the owner that its not right (did ring builder but was told its right just tile it) so when i finished job sent out bill waited for payment then once i got paid sent an email with pics included saying why i will no longer be doing his work
he rang strait away and tried to explain that his apprentice was to blame but wasn't having any of it said sorry have to let you find someone else

have a bo peep [/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

S

Spud

I cant say I blame you its is really bad prep work to say the least, he should pay you for the previous jobs you have put right

S

Stewart

You did the right thing. It's the only way to get through to these money grabbing throw-backs, that need to learn that tiling and all associated prep work needs to be done by quality tradesmen that take pride in their work........

T

tfs

whoever did that has obviously just beasted right through it and has no idea of how it should be done and why.

Seems like he values you to some extent as he seems keen to keep you mate!

Just a shame he wasnt willing to pay you to do it (could prove to cost him in the long run)

D

DHTiling

FFS Jay.. that is ruff as a kangaroo's vagina in a buck fest.. :lol:

So pleased you stuck to ya guns..

Reply to here we go again (builders) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen