Search the forum,

Discuss Help with external corner please in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Nut

TF
Reaction score
The gap in the top tiles is bigger than the bottom. Mitering the corners would enable you to get an even grout line on the corner.
A smudge of caulking over the top of the grout at the top of the tiles will give you a smoother transition and nicer surface to paint. Fila Deterdek or similar will get the excess grout from the surface of the tiles. The silicone should be a constant angle, yours is in and out, thick and thin.
Thanks. Would you take the grouting off the top of the tiles where it meets the wall before putting the caulk on?
it's too late for trim unless you remove tiles :rolleyes:
Thanks Tony. I would take off the corner tiles to put the beading in.

T

Time's Ran Out

As it’s just a holiday let I’d just get a bit of aluminium angle and stick it over the corner.
612C67BB-8D27-4DFB-8631-731FE2153861.png

W

WetSaw

If you're going to remove the tiles you might as well mitre the tiles and do it properly, otherwise what TJ has suggested will do the job ( as it's only a holiday let ;) )
No need to remove the grout at the top of the tiles unless it will leave you an uneven surface to paint.

Reply to Help with external corner please in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen