Search the forum,

Discuss Help need a bit of feedback on which van to buy in the Tile Retail Independent Feedback area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 5518

After having a nightmare with a Vauxhall Vivaro which let me down and cost me a small fortune, I'm looking for something reliable. I've narrowed it down to Citroen Dispatch 2 litre or a Fiat Scudo. (somewhere between a 2008/2010 reg)

Has anyone had either good or bad experiences of any of these. Just don't know which way to go. Need to purchase something in the next couple of days. Feedback much appreciated.

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Speak to anyone........I bet a lot have some sort of bad experience with ALL the different vans. It's hit or miss sometimes.

C

charlie1

I had a scudo for 2 years, probably the worst van I have ever had. Here is a list of things that went wrong with it. 07 plate with 65000 mls

turbo £800
cracked engine (top) £900
gearbox synchro £500

... Nice van to drive though.

i now have a vw transporter, very reliable and holds its value better than any other van

S

Stef

I've got an 08 plate Primastar, had it 4 years & it's only the top suspension mount (common fault) that has ever went wrong.
It hasn't missed a beat, brilliant van.

Q

Qwerty

All depends on previous owners and how they were used abused and serviced.

Agreed. My vivaro is a 2008 van with just under 180000 miles on it! It runs like new, but as with anything.....it has had money spent on it when needed. Last 12 months has seen a new clutch, 2 new injectors & new rear discs & pads. Will likely need new drop links in next few months then should be good for a long spell of garage free motoring. I got the van for a steal so am still in pocket, but I bought my one because it was a one owner, full service history with every tiny issue rectified at main dealer type of van. I was looking at lower mileage, less cared for vans that were bound to be a lot more problematic.

merit

TF
Reaction score
got my vivaro on a 2006 plate at two years old, ive seviced it regular, still only 70 k on it but still spent money on it
clutch is a common prblem, also accelarator , all vans can be a costly do , do your research as best you can ,service history, low miles, main dealers are things i looked at,sometimes you pay your money take a chance,some good deals on leasing if thats an option, change it every three years

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Boroughbridge plumbing and heating ( near you) run two scudo's. thay have spent a or tune on them. Everything that cn go wrong, has. Even replacing the clutch you have to remove all the front brake pipes.

Dont buy either. They are a pile of poo.

get a transit. They may not look good, but will serve you well amd parts are reasonable.

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Just about to get my new vivaro 2014, i will look after it the same as my renault traffic, which is FOR SALE if anyone is interested !, i hope it runs well .......
Just ordered mine today with vans direct too !!!Did you have finance on the van dave ? I couldnt get the price down to what you had yours for but Mark said it was because im buying it outright

O

One Day

I had an old but look-after peugeot partner with 180k on it. The old 1.9d non turbo.
The best vehicle I ever owned.
Now I have a Transit Connect lwb which is lovely but so much more complicated, although being Ford, hopefully pretty economical to maintain.

- - - Updated - - -

Just ordered mine today with vans direct too !!!Did you have finance on the van dave ? I couldnt get the price down to what you had yours for but Mark said it was because im buying it outright

Stupid world when you have to pay more for paying in full!?

L

lizzardtong

if i would going to buy another van i would consider running costs, road tax, fuel consumption, insurance, prices of parts and reliability. everything brakes down as its to complicated due to so called saving enviroment. if i woulnt care about above i woukd go for swb ducato 3.0

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I had a peugeot expert, great van, until the lad who works for me got hold of it, then blew up :(
I have a 09 vito, even better van.
Id steer clear of the fiat , never heard a good thing about scudos, ever

Reply to Help need a bit of feedback on which van to buy in the Tile Retail Independent Feedback area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen