Search the forum,

Discuss Heavy Duty Porcelain Nippers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tootall66

Can anyone recommend a decent pair of nippers. I've got about 70 metres of curved cutting to do in a 6oox6oomm Porcelain and i've already gone through a pair from topps tiles :thumbsdown:.
Grinding is not an option cos the tiles chip easy. The tiling buts up to vinyl with a formable edge metal trim and is all exposed, so it needs to be neat.

S

simmy08

i know rubi do a pair with replaceable wheels. There are other makes out there that do replaceable wheels. My marcrist ck850 blade rarely chips a tile as long as i get the cut right first time and dont use the side of it to trim.
Ive never used one but i bet those makita wet grinders would be good for getting your curve while keeping it chip free...just a thought

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hji have you looked at the marcrist cc750 curved angle grinder blade?
i know you dont want to grind them but i would imagine this blade may help

R

Rich

For that much work I would go with Kilty and look at getting a curved disc.

I have a pair of the heavy duty porcelain nippers with the wheels. They are not bad, not as neat as square nosed nippers and they dont last any longer to be honest, give them a go but I should think youd be better listening to Kilty.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I did this on my Rubi TX700

Attachments

• 030.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 105
  • js6.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 93

Reply to Heavy Duty Porcelain Nippers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen