Search the forum,

Discuss Has all my Laitance been removed?? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
So my liquid anyhydrate screed was laid in December, the laitance was removed mechanically by a sanding machine with diamond cutter 5 days later. I'm on the verge of getting the floor tiled in the next week or so. I commissioned the ufh a few weeks ago. Now I'm getting cold feet thinking the laitance hasn't fully been removed. I've attached pics for all you pros to see and hopefully reassure me that everything is fine and I'm overthinking. The floor does need a good sweep and vac but my question is do I need to get the guy back to sand it again?? It cost me £200 to get it sanded in the first instance.

20210520_154151.jpg

20210520_154140.jpg

20210520_154129.jpg

20210520_154105.jpg

20210520_154051.jpg

20210520_155747.jpg

20210520_155728.jpg

Reaction score
Nah. Just hoover it up. What method are you using to tile it ?
Ideally I would like to use anhyfix to fix the ditra mat but finding it hard to source the product. Ontop of the ditra itll be setaflex to fit the tile. If I cant get hold of the anhyfix what would the next best method?
You're help and advice is very appreciated.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Ideally I would like to use anhyfix to fix the ditra mat but finding it hard to source the product. Ontop of the ditra itll be setaflex to fit the tile. If I cant get hold of the anhyfix what would the next best method?
You're help and advice is very appreciated.
Might be wrong but not sure anhyfix is suitable for ditra. Best check with schluter. It’s not an adhesive I’ve used.

Reaction score
Might be wrong but not sure anhyfix is suitable for ditra. Best check with schluter. It’s not an adhesive I’ve used.
What would be your preferred method? What adhesive would you use with Ditra matting and porcelain tiles? And what primer?

Thanks

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
What would be your preferred method? What adhesive would you use with Ditra matting and porcelain tiles? And what primer?

Thanks
I’ve done quite a lot of them now. I prime with acrylic primer 4 to 5 coats following directions for anhydrite screed. Fix matting with spf rapid and same for tiles. I use weber products. The screed must be dry and fully commissioned.

Reaction score
I’ve done quite a lot of them now. I prime with acrylic primer 4 to 5 coats following directions for anhydrite screed. Fix matting with spf rapid and same for tiles. I use weber products. The screed must be dry and fully commissioned.
4 to 5 coats?? What dilution ratio do you use per coat? I'm getting alot of conflicting information in regards to the type of adhesive used with anyhydrate screed. Some say cement based adhesive is a no no as can it can have issues with bonding to the screed and anhyfix (gypsum based) is the way to go and some say there's nothing wrong with a cement based adhesive. I just dont want to make a very expensive mistake.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
4 to 5 coats?? What dilution ratio do you use per coat? I'm getting alot of conflicting information in regards to the type of adhesive used with anyhydrate screed. Some say cement based adhesive is a no no as can it can have issues with bonding to the screed and anhyfix (gypsum based) is the way to go and some say there's nothing wrong with a cement based adhesive. I just dont want to make a very expensive mistake.
I use a 4:1 ratio and not had a single issue with bonding . Yes gypsum adhesive can be used to adhere the tiles but like i said , not sure schluter uk advise to use it with Ditra.

Reply to Has all my Laitance been removed?? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen