Search the forum,

Discuss hardieboard joints in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
plan to tape and fill the joints on the hardieboard 12mm i have on shower area and unsure what to use as there seems to be so many options and types anyone got any recommendations please

thanks

Reaction score
Nearly all cement based adhesive are polymer modified.. 👍 , the adhesive just adheres the fibre tape to strengthen the joint..
Thanks Dave as you can tell I ain't got a clue reason I am asking daft questions just want to ensure I do the prep work the best I can for the tiler
Had a fitter in that took me for a mug and was using incorrect materials was basically cutting corners to the extreme so pulled him off and decided to do what I can myself and get trades in where I know I would be usless thanks again for your help can I ask 1 more question of you I will be putting a mira 25mm tray down that's on 22mm green chipboard that's been well braced between joists how would you fit the tray sand and cement mix or tile adhesive a friend said silicon would be fine but read its not the best way to do it once that's down I will be using 6mm no more ply or rest fo floor then I can get the tiler in can't belive it's been 4 weeks next wendsday with a non functioning bathroom

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Subscribed
Reaction score
Thanks Dave as you can tell I ain't got a clue reason I am asking daft questions just want to ensure I do the prep work the best I can for the tiler
Had a fitter in that took me for a mug and was using incorrect materials was basically cutting corners to the extreme so pulled him off and decided to do what I can myself and get trades in where I know I would be usless thanks again for your help can I ask 1 more question of you I will be putting a mira 25mm tray down that's on 22mm green chipboard that's been well braced between joists how would you fit the tray sand and cement mix or tile adhesive a friend said silicon would be fine but read its not the best way to do it once that's down I will be using 6mm no more ply or rest fo floor then I can get the tiler in can't belive it's been 4 weeks next wendsday with a non functioning bathroo
Had a fitter in that took me for a mug and was using incorrect materials was basically cutting corners to the extreme so pulled him off and decided to do what I can myself and get trades in where I know I would be usless thanks again for your help can I ask 1 more question of you I will be putting a mira 25mm tray down that's on 22mm green chipboard that's been well braced between joists how would you fit the tray sand and cement mix or tile adhesive a friend said silicon would be fine but read its not the best way to do it once that's down I will be using 6mm no more ply or rest fo floor then I can get the tiler in can't belive it's been 4 weeks next wendsday with a non functioning bathroom
S1 Adhesive will be fine , make sure to silicone the tray to the walls as well when you bed the tray in.

Reply to hardieboard joints in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys have a big gap above tray to fill 2cm high 1cm deep (3/4in x 1/2in) Any suggestions...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen