Search the forum,

Discuss hand problems in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Olz

Aqeous Cream is excellent, best i've tried, i used to handle microfibre loft insulations which used to dry my hands and make them itchy and flakey, tried allsorts of potions and lotions, this was the only one that worked, and it was very quick as well, plus it's a no frills moisturiser, no fancy packaging, advertising etc, just a white tub with the name on it so it's dirt cheap for a large tub, you can buy it from most high street stores like boots, superdrug etc.

Wont replace the OP's steroid creams but once you've got it sorted its great as a preventative.

T

Tom Martin

Sounds to me like you have a severe case of contact dermatitis. No other way to get rid of than stopping what you are doing, applying medication and waiting until it clears up. I am ex RAF and I have seen what can happen if this problem is not treated seriously. I saw someone stretchered on to a plane because his skin was so sore he couldn't walk without pain. This was caused by contact with aviation fuel which is nothing more than paraffin.

Go back to the docs and see what he has to say. Treat it with respect or you could be permanently disabled.:thumbsup:

Scary rubbish.. never thought about it for 10 years that all the chemicals and rubbish on my hand s and breathing could cause damage. Just thought I was invincible.. now I look back and think of other people in nice clean offices and think oh rubbish what have I done.. breathing silica dust and bare hands scooping adhesive d wearing finger tips down

Reply to hand problems in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen