Search the forum,

Discuss gypsum and cement based adhesives in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
We all know that you should prime a plastered wall when using cement based adhesive to stop reaction...well as I was plastering a wall yesterday it got me thinking (yes painful, especially as I had a hangover), I had done an internal render of sand and cement and was going over it with multifinish..a gypsum based finishing plaster, what I was thinking is....why do I not get a reaction as it's gypsum over cement :huh2:

All the best to you all for the coming year..Mark.

D

DHTiling

Good question mark...
I would have thought this would be best answered by a plasterer and not tilers....
So come on all you plasterers what do you think on this one.....

P

Perry

Mark i have been pointing that out for 25 years haven't found an answer yet and for twenty years i never primed plaster when using cement based adhesive without one failure if you find the answer let me know mate
Regards Pete :yes: :lol:

G

grumpygrouter

Maybe the best people to interrogate would be the adhesive manufacturers!

Grumpy

P

Perry

Grumpy tried that i think you will get the same answer don't get me wrong you can get a reaction between the two but its something they have always done but i think may be the plaster manufacturers would be the ones to answer the question

D

DHTiling

I think that once the cement has cured then there wouldn't be a reaction once gypsum is applied....let us know mark....i have crawled the net but can't find a deffo answer....

Reply to gypsum and cement based adhesives in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen