Search the forum,

Discuss Grout joints for 1000x1000 Porcel-Thin in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

P993

Morning all. Sorry for the ignorant question, but we’re just about to buy some large format 1000x10000 Porcel-Thin, and I was wondering if they can easily take 2mm joints, or would it be better to go for 3mm ?

The tiles will be installed over Ditra, on a screened floor which has a water-pipe based underfloor heating system (ie. not electric).

Read that the TTA recommend 3mm (see image in my reply below), but just wondering if it is easy/feasible to go down to 2mm without causing issues ?

Many thanks in advance for any views.

P

P993

119DDD94-078F-4E5D-ABE1-49661D24D5EE.jpeg

Simon Dale

TF
Esteemed
Esteemed
Reaction score
Morning all. Sorry for the ignorant question, but we’re just about to buy some large format 1000x10000 Porcel-Thin, and I was wondering if they can easily take 2mm joints, or would it be better to go for 3mm ?

The tiles will be installed over Ditra, on a screened floor which has a water-pipe based underfloor heating system (ie. not electric).

Read that the TTA recommend 3mm (see image in my reply below), but just wondering if it is easy/feasible to go down to 2mm without causing issues ?

Many thanks in advance for any views.
We all use 2mm. Ditra no. Isomat or similar is best

P

P993

Yes, i wish I’d checked on here beforehand. Unfortunately the Ditra is already down, so to change now would mean taking it all up.

I appreciate it would have been better to go with Isomat, but is Ditra acceptable ? (Lesson learned for next time!).

Simon Dale

TF
Esteemed
Esteemed
Reaction score
That standard was in 2013 things have moved along very quickly. Your tiles are only 4.6mm thick therefore a 6mm grout depth cant be achieved. Schluter will not guarantee a tile less than 6mm on their mat

P

P993

Agreed. Just need to figure out whether to replace the Ditra or install on it.

Has anyone installed Porcel-Thin onto Ditra?

Reply to Grout joints for 1000x1000 Porcel-Thin in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen