Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Grout 3000 limestone problem in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

beanz

TF
Reaction score
Has anyone had any issues with tilemasters limestone grout? I've just used it on a Travertine job, and it looks more blue/grey than limestone!?! I've used it before, and wasn't totally convinced with be colour then, but it seems far worse this time.

P

Peter

Every brand of Limestone grout I've used has been a different shade from ivorys to browns to greys.

beanz

TF
Reaction score
Give Tilemaster a call to see if there been any other issues....

Yeah, I was going to ring them today, but the customer was around, and I didn't want to be over-heard.. They've not said anything yet, so hopefully it's not a big problem. I think I'll stick with patchy weber from now on lol!

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Used it on 3 bathrooms last month in tge same house, was a good colour,it was dark to begin with but dried a lot lighter

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Has it been finished long? Might just be moisture still in the floor maybe and the grout colour is quite susceptible to moisture? Just thinking out loud.

D

Dougs Third Go

I tend to use the jasmine a lot where once I would have used another brand of limestone, personally I can't fault Tilemaster addy and grout.

S

Spud

the limestone is more of a portland colour as opposed to light stone beige if you know what I mean

beanz

TF
Reaction score
Has it been finished long? Might just be moisture still in the floor maybe and the grout colour is quite susceptible to moisture? Just thinking out loud.

Grouted yesterday, walls and floor. It's dry, and is a light colour. Just not the colour I wanted. I'll try the Jasmine next time.

Gary, that's exactly the colour I have... ;)

Reaction score
Thank you for the above comments, it is very useful for us to here the feedback from fixers. We do take feedback from fixers very seriously, we listen and where possible we will implement change based on feedback. Tilemaster has grown significantly over the past few years and a feedback from fixers has played a major part in our growth.

In regards to the Limestone grout, I am aware that our shade of Limestone is different from most in the market. When myself and my old man were developing the range of colours around 3 years ago, we decided to try and base our shade of Limestone on a true natural Limestone colour. On doing research we found there are many different shades of Limestone but most are an off white colour, almost like a dirty, browny white. That is what we tried to create and I agree with the above comments likening it to a Portland colour, I often describe the colour as a light mushroom type colour.

The above comments from Beanz about it looking a touch blue are a concern and I wonder if something else is contributing to it? We make 1000kg batches and prior to bagging off the mix, the blend is actually mixed up and forced dried so that we can compare the cured colour to the "control" colour. Every batch of Grout 3000 is colour matched so our consistency on colours should be very good.

To all fixers using Grout 3000, I would be happy to post you sample swatches of Grout 3000 so that in the future you will know exactly what colour you are getting. Anybody interested, please PM me directly and I will arrange for the swatches to be posted.

The comments under another topic in regards to Rapid Setaflex White setting too quick are also taken on board and whilst it disappoints me greatly to read them, we will take immediate action.

Thank you for everybody's support and please keep the feedback coming. Have a lovely Easter to all,

Best Regards
Mark

T

Time's Ran Out

Great response Mark.
Its good to have this type of reply from the horse itself!

Limestone is a colour I personally prefer in most cases however I stopped using Bal for the exact reason of this thread. Patchy drying.
Also it could take 3-4 days for it to fully dry to the right colour.

I for one will definitely try your 3000.

beanz

TF
Reaction score
Cheers for commenting Mark. I find Portland cement to be more of a blue grey, than a browny off-white, so maybe we see the colours a little differently!?! I've used an Ardex Jasmine before, and that was pretty close to what I'm looking for, so perhaps your jasmine will be better next time.. A swatch would be very handy mate, so I'll pm you my details. Thanks for that! ;)

Reply to Grout 3000 limestone problem in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks