Search the forum,

Discuss great value for money on adhesive and grout. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

muddy_trousers

I'm one of those guys that doesn't put much thought into the adhesive and grout. I'm not saying I don't care, obviously I do, but I found jewsons adhesive and grout are of a very good quality so without shopping around I just buy that. What else is out there that's good value for money? I've seen some different ones on eBay but dare not try them. I just think maybe I'm spending more on materials than I need to.

R

Rich

I use Mapei, I get a good price on their products and think that it is the best on the market but some have said that the struggle to get a good price. I also use Weber sometimes, brilliant stuff and at a very good price and I also use Larsen from time to time, also very good price but not as nice to use.

The best thing to do is to have a chat with the staff of your local tile suppliers, have a cup of tea with them and see what prices they can offer you.

R

Rich

Its funny tho, I really like Webers grouts, not so much Bal's. Bri, have you tried the FF or the SF? Tile Giant only seem to ever push Ultracolor, Ultracolor is a great grout but very different and not easy to use compared to some. I have stopped using it on walls as I find it a bit course but their FF is lovely

Think it is a case of having a go with them all and seeing how you get on with each one, horses for courses as they say :thumbsup:

Reply to great value for money on adhesive and grout. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.