Search the forum,

Discuss Great day out with Mapei in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

Another great day at Mapei, HQ Birmingham.
In Attendance were
Rubi.
Fila
Raychem
and of course Mapei.

For our group of 5 the day started with a quick drink and a brief safety chat by Chris from Mapei. We quickly moved on to Raychem. Manufacturers of UFH. An interesting hour with them. Any questions were answered and different systems, loose cable and Mat were shown.

Next up was the Mapei session, Glitter grout/ Epoxy/Tanking systems inc Aquadefense/ Primers inc the new Primer Grip/ SLC ( renovation screed) and a few other adhesives in the range. Again questions were answered swiftly.

Lunch break and onwards to the next session with Fila.

Fila produce sealers and maintenance products for tiles and stone. A demo was given and explanations given why certain products were used over others. Comprehensive literature given out along with a generous goodie bag filled with small samples of the sealers etc.

For our group Rubi finished the day off, While I was giving Nathan a bit of a hard time, (I am sure he has heard it all before ) I had actually hoped for more from this giant of a company. All items were known to me and were nothing new. Demos of the Pocket, TS, TX along with a DW200N. Also their angle grinder I found to big too big to safely handle, the wheel supplied seemed fine and for the would be good value. A quick show of their lippage system didnt seem to impress anyone really but then we all have our thoughts on these systems. A quick demo on the hole drilling system wasnt a success either....Relax 365 Drills you are safe.
Maybe you will think that I am being harsh with Rubi but I am being honest. I think they could have done better....or should I say they could have shown better products ....all the same I did enjoy the Rubi session and I am sure anyone attending tomorrow will do too.

All in all it was a great day !

G

Gazzer

get any freeeeeeeeeeeeee beeeeeeeeeees m8

Dean ?????? Stupid question !.... Oh yes
Mapei goodies.jpg

Reply to Great day out with Mapei in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen