Search the forum,

Discuss Freestanding baths... this seems cheap!? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

davemul

Hi guys

looking to buy a freestanding bath soon.. im limited to 800mm MAX on width and length no more that 1700 really...

Me and the mrs have seen this and really like it, will fit in to the style of the house/bathroom.. BUT

seems REALLY cheap!

im a believer in you get what you pay for.... but for near on £350 delivered, will this be a total pile of poo!?

Im a shower man, so prob will never set foot in it! (plus i'm 6ft 3") but the missus will be soaking it up (she is small)

http://www.victorianbathrooms4u.com/fre ... -bath-4798

what do you reckon?

R

Rich

Looks like a nice bath to me, Im not plumber so I will let some1 with more experience in sanitary ware comment.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
You'll need to source some taps too. It's a good idea to bury the tap feeds so they come out the wall if the bath is close.
If away from wall then nice chrome pipes out the floor looks nice.
Looks like a good bath at a good price.

I

Ian

It's all about the thickness of the acrylic and the fibre glass (I think!!!) you tend to find that the off the shelf suites from the sheds are paper thin and thats why they don't last long and crack easily. Somewhere around 10mm thickness is good, so my plumber tells me!

R

RichieRich

Very good point Bri, I imagine a cheaper bath to be very thin but none the less it looks very good for the price.

C

chille

it looks a lovely bath, but before you buy it get some proper specs, especially the thickness.
I'm a big believer in the saying;

"if its too good to be true; then it probably is"

U

user123

I think it's beautiful. Maybe it can afford to be a bit thinner, if it is, as it is better supported by the wood right across than just four single legs? :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 1779

And if you need to drill holes for bath taps we have the right gear

35.jpg

30.jpg

bathpipe.jpg

Even freestanding need holes!!

kit2.jpg

valueformoney2.gif

guideplate.jpg

Reply to Freestanding baths... this seems cheap!? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen