Search the forum,

Discuss Floor heights , laying mosaics on concrete slab in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I’ve a fairly basic question I thinks, hope someone can help me out with.
I’m going to be laying some mosaics on a foot path leading to my front door but before I can do that I need to lay a new concrete slap to get a gradient from door to public footpath height.
I’m struggling with getting that slab at the right height to get a nice finished floor height where you walk in.
My tile is 0.7mm, durabase says it’s 3mm, I’m going use 4mm nothched which will be used to lay durabase matting and to lay tile. But when laying durabase your meant to press the matting firmly into thin coat and also the same prob for mosaics and in order to get a level height I just need to know to what height I need to lay slab to to give me height to lay tiles to a level floor?
14mm , 16mm , just not sure how think these will be once actually laid. Any assistance would be grateful from experience.

Regards
Chris

Reply to Floor heights , laying mosaics on concrete slab in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen