Search the forum,

Discuss Fixing plaster board in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

Eddie

Hello guys, I went to tile a plaster board wall today, then found out the board is fixed to 3" insulation foam sheets, which is glued to the concrete blocks. So i need to drill & screw it, to make it secure, but what plugs & screws would i use. i can't remove the board or insulation sheets.
any help would be greatfully recieved.

thanks Edd

B

brian c

YOU CAN USE HIT FIXINGS FOR THAT.

Drill holes and hit fixing into wall then screw the last bit into the board,you will probably need a washer aswell to save the screw going into the plasterboard.

D

doug boardley

Eddie, don't wanna state the obvious but are you sure theyr'e not insulated plasterboards that have been dot and dabbed to the wall?

E

Eddie

Eddie, don't wanna state the obvious but are you sure theyr'e not insulated plasterboards that have been dot and dabbed to the wall?

No, im told the insulation is glued to the wall. I was thinking about the long grey plasplugs, scews and plugs, that hammer in then screw the last bit up tight.

cheers, Edd

B

brian c

eddie you are best to frame the wall and screw the plasterboard to the straps,use 40mm-50mm screws.

E

Eddie

I didn't know if the plugs would have a big enough lip, to give good grip on the board. At what measurements do you fix?

Cheers, Edd

Reply to Fixing plaster board in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen