Search the forum,

Discuss Fixing a framework bath panel to a metal bath..... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bluevin123

Hi,

I have to build and tile a bath pannel for a job this week.
I normally screw a frame to the wood that sits in the ridge along the length of the bath, this I do on acrylic baths ,but the one im doing is metal and does not have any wood under the ridge to screw anything too.

I certainly dont want to be drilling holes into the bath,,just wondering if I could use Gripfix or something to that effect.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Vin.:thumbsup:

S

saveloy

I would use stuff called Fixall. Can't post a link cause I'm a newbie but look in Toolstation. I've used it to fix metal studwork to a floor with UFH running underneath. Couldn't move it after 3 or 4 hours.

M

Mike

i always use gripfill . ive tried other stuff when customers have bought it for me but i find gripfill to be best. it'll hold anything on . it even held the wing mirror on my old cavalier for years!

S

Sean fsy

im sure if its a metal bath the corners of the bath will be rounded off more so than a plastic bath, its a pain as when you come to tile it the tiles stick out way past the corner. (if you know what i mean)

Reply to Fixing a framework bath panel to a metal bath..... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen