Search the forum,

Discuss Fitting A Stone Resin Shower Tray in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

moonbug

Hi Guys

First post so please be gentle

I have a 1500x800 stone resin shower tray to fit, it's going on 18mm wbp ply and i was going to bed it in on sinlge part flexy my question is how thick should the bed be? The ribs beneath the tray are about 7-8mm off the ply so was thinking about 12mm bed or should I go thicker?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think it's too important providing it's fully covered with adhesive. Just stick to the limits of the adhesive brand your using. 12mm might be a bit too much for some.

M

moonbug

I can't go much less than 12mm or the ribs wont reach the addy, at 12mm i'll have about 4-5mm of the tray sitting in the addy, or am I going abot it all wrong?

T

tfs

That tray will be very heavy mate. If you tile over and around it and then seal, it will be solid!

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Scott

For a tray that big id go the sand cement route with some sbr in it just for good measure. What are the manufacturers instructions?

M

moonbug

For a tray that big id go the sand cement route with some sbr in it just for good measure. What are the manufacturers instructions?

Instructions say sand and cement...........but then they always do, floors quite flat so shouldn't need much leveling was more concerned with poor adhesion to the base of the tray

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
It's out of my league these formers weren't that popular when I tiled last a few years ago to be fair. Listen to the pro's :lol:

F

faithhealer

I always prefer flexi addy to sand and cement, last one I did needed a deeper bed than usual so just 'back buttered the tray base ' just to get a good fix, but as above, tray isn't going anywhere

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I'd use whatever the manufacturer tells you, if there's a flaw in the tray and it cracks and you haven't followed the manufacturers instructions then the gaurantee will be void.

Reply to Fitting A Stone Resin Shower Tray in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen