Search the forum,

Discuss Failure! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The adhesive is dry to the touch. Would this be why there appears to be different COlours of addy, its the same with wet patches?
Could well be.....plus years ago there were some real naff floor adhesive out there that would just disintegrate if they got continually wet.

L

LM

Yeah years ago there was a lot of cr*p adhesive sold over here like Durabond etc that most DIY stores that sold tiles like that would have pushed. That added to practically no grout gap in the tiling has probably contributed heavily to the failure.

L

LM

There's also hardly any adhesive transfer to the back of the tile which suggests that the adhesive may have been made stiff to aid getting the job done in one day and would have also then caused the adhesive to be weaker.

S

Saltire69

As to the 2 different colours off adhesive, it could have be tiled before and they never scraped old adhesive off.

L

LM

Is there any *easy way to tell
If I have a leak below the subfloor?

What should my next move be?
They obvious way is to leave the uplifted floor uncovered for a few days and see if it dries out, if it continues to look damp then you have your answer, at which point you should contact your home insurance or alternatively if you like I can give you details of a local company that will come out and exactly pinpoint your leak, but they aren't cheap to pay although it wouldn't be dramatic.

Reply to Failure! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen