Search the forum,

Discuss EXTERIOR GREY LIMESTONE NEEDS DARKENING in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I have a patio tiled with tumbled grey limestone. Every year I clean it and seal with LTP stone oil, using a small brush to work the oil into the stone and wipe any excess off. This year had it pressure washed which was faster but it looks paler to me. The normal colour is a charcoal grey and it's lighter than that now. I did a test patch of LTP Colour Intensifier and Stain Block but this hasn't done anything for it colourwise (2 coats on a small area 5 hours apart this morning). I am a bit scared to use LTP blackstone in case i end up with 'black' stone instead of dark grey. I could do with some advice as to what any of you might have used successfully to restore colour on faded limestone. I have not used any other brand apart from LTP since it was laid. Grateful for any recommendations you have. Thanks.

Reply to EXTERIOR GREY LIMESTONE NEEDS DARKENING in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen