Search the forum,

Discuss Epoxy Grout Wooden Floors in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

David Dudley

Adhesive as recommended by PHG. He asked the Mapei rep specifically for my application.
The quartz is Gulfstone in black with silver specs.
The mrs wanted white grout which is why we are heading down the epoxy route.
Will this look ok?
Anything else I need to consider?
Will the white grout be compatible with this stone?
My tiler has used epoxy before.
Thanks so much guys.
I'll be sure to post pics once finished.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi David,

Personally I wouldn't go for white, I think your eye will be drawn to the bright white against the black tile and take away the effect of the tile and make the area look smaller. My personal opinion would be to go black so that the floor appears to be one solid piece and of greater size.

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
Personal choice John, I've done many black / dark floors and imho the lighter shades look great, if you try and match it, as best as possible at least, you may as well just have a slab, or vinyl lol

Each to their own.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
It's all down to personal taste as you say, and I'm not going to argue with your missus....:lol:

R

Rich

I would have thought that a darker grout would look better but as has been said, we all have different tastes. Using a contrasting grout like the white will mean that the tiles will have to be laid 100% accurately, there is absolutely no margin for error as the slightest discrepancy will stand out like a sore thumb.

M

MTiler

I was told by a manufacturer (cant remember if it was Mapei or Ardex I spoke to) that Epoxy grout should not be used on wooden floors, it will crack because its not flexible.

R

Rich

I was told by a manufacturer (cant remember if it was Mapei or Ardex I spoke to) that Epoxy grout should not be used on wooden floors, it will crack because its not flexible.

Oh, I have never heard this. Perhaps it would be an idea to give the manufacturer a call, better to be safe then sorry.

Reply to Epoxy Grout Wooden Floors in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen