Search the forum,

Discuss Epoxy grout on a large floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rich

Thank you very much!! I am using Mapei (I always do) and there are two of us doing it so one will grout and the other can go behind and wash off. We already have the grout but dont have the epoxy grout floats, is it a good idea to get a couple or will normal floats be ok? Thank you all for your advice, Il be using this site a lot in the future I think.
P.S Nice idea about the wet rag in the door way Im going to be trying that one. :thumbsup:

H

heavytrevy

The best piece of advice I can give is to get a spray bottle and make a solution of liquid detergent and water, spray on tiles before grouting as a release agent.

A very simple trick the epoxy grout pro's use .

Regards
Trev

F

floora

Not being negative but keep the water clean and cold for washing off epoxies tend to set with a heat reaction.

D

DHTiling

warm water makes it easier to rinse the sponge and emulsifying pad....warm water will not effect epoxy grouts set quicker as you wash off IMHO...and i have used this method for along time..

Hot water might( maybe) but not warm but i do agree keep it change regulary..:thumbsup:

Reply to Epoxy grout on a large floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen