Search the forum,

Discuss Efflorescence on expoxy grout installed on the external balcony in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Work Done
Epoxy grout was installed by the Grouting company on the tiles on the external balcony over a period of around 6 weeks during frequent rain after the tiler completed the tiling job without grout.

During the application of the epoxy grout, the grout was shrunk or expanded at different locations. The work was completed after repeated patching.

Epoxy grout was installed on the perimeter at the surface transaction of horizontal tiles on the balcony with the vertical tiles on the wall as skirting.

No grout was installed where there is a very small gap between the tile and the trim. The trim was installed on the horizontal and vertical tile on two sides of the balcony.

Defect
1. Within a few weeks of completion of grouting, efflorescence was noticed.

2. There are cracks on the grout and can be peeled off in some sections.

Advice
I seek advice for the following
1. Will a prolonged duration of grouting over around 6 weeks cause water to be trapped under the tile which could have caused efflorescence?
2. If so, will removing epoxy grout to release trapped water under the tile and then regrouting solve the problem?
3. Should the perimeter have to be installed with a flexible seal?
4. Is it possible to grout on the tight gap between the tile and the trim?
5. Is it required to seal the bottom plate of the spigot for the glass balustrade?

Thanks.

Reply to Efflorescence on expoxy grout installed on the external balcony in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen