Search the forum,

Discuss Du 200 in the Tiling Tools | Tile Tools - Tile Installing Tools area at TilersForums.com.

R

Russell brown

anyone thinking of buying one of these I wouldn't bother, they're not fit for purpose. At nearly £300 I wouldn't class them at diy level but more of an professional entry level saw but sadly I'd say it offers nothing more than a cheaper diy saw. Doesn't cut straight and chips the tiles with the back of the blade even after setting it up square, you can't make fine adjustments to your cuts as the blade bends. I'm completely disappointed with this machine as I fancied adding a radial saw to my collection but didn't want to spend silly money as I have a dewalt dc2400 but wanted something that the dewalt doesn't offer. I'm that disappointed with it it's going straight back

O

Old Mod

anyone thinking of buying one of these I wouldn't bother, they're not fit for purpose. At nearly £300 I wouldn't class them at diy level but more of an professional entry level saw but sadly I'd say it offers nothing more than a cheaper diy saw. Doesn't cut straight and chips the tiles with the back of the blade even after setting it up square, you can't make fine adjustments to your cuts as the blade bends. I'm completely disappointed with this machine as I fancied adding a radial saw to my collection but didn't want to spend silly money as I have a dewalt dc2400 but wanted something that the dewalt doesn't offer. I'm that disappointed with it it's going straight back
U need to try a high end blade in it Russell, not saying it'll solve your problems but may help a great deal.
What blade do they fit to those?

R

Russell brown

Just a standard black one, it's that bad I've binned it off and I'm using a grinder and getting fad better results

S

StevieBoy

I used a Rubi DU1200 or something like that a few months back and had issues like this too in that if you tried to make fine adjustments to your cuts etc the blade kept bending so I gave up with it.
However last week I bought one of those Montolit DNA blades from TT, and have been using it on porcelain on my table top wet cutter. Have to say it hardly bends at all, and I reckon if you have one of those in a radial saw that would solve the problem - at yet another expense of course though.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Mines a superb saw, been using in slate this pasrt week or two , love the thing , bit heavy but i don't mind, its a beast .
Best thing i did was swop it for my dewalt :)
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Reply to Du 200 in the Tiling Tools | Tile Tools - Tile Installing Tools area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen