Search the forum,

Discuss Dot and Dab in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Colour Republic

I'm doing a plastering job at the moment and I came across a new product... well I think it's new, i've not seen it before

Everbuild Product Range - Everbuild

it's a dry wall adhesive but it says that you can plaster after an hour of fixing the walls! I asked the supplier what they think of it (they only stock plaster and plasterboard, main suppliers for Brighton) and they said it's amazing but only if you have fairly flat walls already, if it's put in to bigger blob it takes a while to dry... anyway i thought you guys might like to know as i'm sure you could tile in an hour also. i would have thought plaster would crack alot easier than adhesive would an hour after installation

what do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Colour Republic

Ang how :yikes: much will that be...........:lol:

I didn't ask but thought I saw it was about 6 quid a tube and was told it would do 5 boards, so really it isn't bad, would cost a bit more opposed to bagged addy but if you could crack on within a couple of hours it's worth it IMO

W

White Room

Like you said it will work for very flat walls but won't allow any variation if there dips in the wall, as Dave says how much is that going to cost. The only use which maybe handy would to over board on walls where you did'nt want to lose to much space in a small room

C

Colour Republic

I like Everbuild, I still think Gripfill is still the best gap adhesive going, you can't beat the first on the block, so i have faith in their products.

It will take up variation in walls just not massive amounts, i'm taking more than 2.5" here. anything more and i'd stick with traditional Dry Wall addy. It works like expanding foam, but doesn't push the board out and sticks a lot better if that helps

G

grumpygrouter

Doesn't say exactly how much load it will bear, it just mentions plaster. Is it strong enough for tiling? will it support 32kg/m2?

Reply to Dot and Dab in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen