Search the forum,

Discuss dont know how to put up aqua board in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bluevin123

Hi all,

Felt quite gutted today,had given a quote the other day tiling a 23m2 bathroom and a six m2 floor,he asked me about the shower area ,saying he had been told to use Aquaboard,I have heard of it,but thats about it,but I explained that I would normally tank it.He said ''oh right,ill let you know.I thought I had the job, and was gonna start Monday,but he rang today today to say he had found someone else to put it up and tile..Fair enough I thought,but not knowing how to put up that board pretty much cost us this job,and it was well paid. Nevermind will have to learn how to plaster and skim AND put up Aquaboard.
:furious3:
can anyone give me any advice on how to do this.
cheers
vinnie

W

White Room

Would have used bal wp1 on plasterboard have done many a time had no problem's. For aquaboard fix as you would plasterboard with 3mm gap between joint's, scribe with sharp knife and snap, when fixing, drill holes and counter sunk before screwing to stud work so you don't have screw head's protuding on the surface, scrim joint's and wipe addy over scrim, I always use powder adhesive on board. That's it really.

G

GazTech

Would have used bal wp1 on plasterboard have done many a time had no problem's. For aquaboard fix as you would plasterboard with 3mm gap between joint's, scribe with sharp knife and snap, when fixing, drill holes and counter sunk before screwing to stud work so you don't have screw head's protuding on the surface, scrim joint's and wipe addy over scrim, I always use powder adhesive on board. That's it really.
Or dot and dab it ( dry lining ) if onto blockwork or brick.....Gaz

G

grumpygrouter

I also find Aqua panel easier to cut with an old panel saw than scoring and breaking. Much cleaner cut and just as quick imo.

Grumpy

D

DHTiling

If you are using aqua panel to water proof a shower area then use water proof tape on the joints....other wise you are defeating the object of using it....:thumbsup:

S

sibs

can you dot n dab hardibacker or aqua panel board onto walls as opposed to screwing it or is it best to screw it?

D

DHTiling

Yes you can dot & dab....but if you screw and plug it aswell once dry then it will hold more weight.......

D

DHTiling

and the special washers that you can get as well so the screw heads dont pull through..these can be got at ctd and topps....

G

GazTech

and the special washers that you can get as well so the screw heads dont pull through..these can be got at ctd and topps....
Topps dont sell aqua...or the screws and washers...soz...hardibacker and marmox only

Reply to dont know how to put up aqua board in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen