Discuss Does public liabilty insurance cover damage to stone after it was laid in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

I have laid a polished limestone floor many months ago.
Builder covered it with building paper initially only taping joints but then put corex plastic on top and taped all edges to stone,then had underfloor heating on for months.

Stone has sweated and stained. Cant get marks out at all.

Would the builders public liability cover him for this accident,
or could it be put through mine even though i did not put covering down as i put stone donm in the beginning but did not supply it.

Does public liabilty generally cover for an incident like this.
Is the incident deemed an accident or bad workmanship.
What does public liability cover actually mean .
When i look at my liability it is very vague as to what is actually covers.it says:
Cover for any one occurence in respect of public liability/any one period of insurance in respect of products liability.
£1,000,000

i dont have contactors all risks.

O

Olz

I'd say as you laid it properly and had no further involvement it's nothing to do with YOUR insurance they will only cover for what YOU do. The builder seems to have caused the problem by covering it and having the ufh on. I think it would fall into the negligence category because it should have been foreseen so he'd have to see what his own policy covers. But I've not seen a policy covering negligence to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

jonnyc

I advised that floor be covered with building paper ,only taping joints where paper lapped, not stick tape to stone.
This was done and then other coverings added later

O

Olz

Who advised the other coverings and when was your part in the job signed off or finished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
i wouldn't have thought so , liabilty ins covers for accident damage, not doing something wrong.

J

jay

if you can post some pics we might be able to help determine if its moisture under sealer or efflorescence both can be fixed

J

jonnyc

here are some pics.
have established that the stain only goes down fraction of mm by grinding a bit off surface
but cant get stain out with cleaner

Attachments

• k&MWOODLANDS6.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 37
  • K&M WOODLANDS2.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 33
  • K&M WOODLANDS3.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 36
  • K7MWOODLANDS7.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 22
  • K&MWOODLANDS4.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 25
J

jonnyc

thanks

that is what have tried already.
does get stain off but very difficult to repolish to match up with other stone

Reply to Does public liabilty insurance cover damage to stone after it was laid in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Marley