Search the forum,

Discuss Do I need to prime marmox ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

dholdi

TF
Reaction score
I've been doing a bit of research prior to tiling my bathroom.
3 walls are lined with marmox boards and the fourth, which is an internal wall and well away from any wet areas, is plastered.
From research on here I realise I will have to prime the plastered wall with Mapei primer G, but will the marmox boards need priming as I cant find any reference to this in Marmox' literature but Mapei's mentions cement board in their primer g literature.
Any advice is much appreciated.

R

Rich

Also as above, if the boards are a bit dusty, then a wipe with a damp rag should be all you need :thumbsup:

dholdi

TF
Reaction score
Thanks very much everyone. :thumbsup:

Just one more question, my electric underfloor heating came with a liquid insulating primer. Would applying this to the marmox boards on the floor have any detriment ?
I am thinking along the lines of it preventing the adhesive from adhering to the boards correctly ?

Last edited:
R

Rich

I shouldn't have thought so. I prime No More Ply boards before fixing UFH as it helps the tape stick to the boards but i am unsure if Marmox recommend priming.

S

Stewart

Thanks very much everyone. :thumbsup:

Just one more question, my electric underfloor heating came with a liquid insulating primer. Would applying this to the marmox boards on the floor have any detriment ?
I am thinking along the lines of it preventing the adhesive from adhering to the boards correctly ?

I wouldn't use it for that reason and it won't improve the insulation values you'll already be getting with the marmox.

dholdi

TF
Reaction score
Thanks Rich & Stewart,
I think you could probably tell from the question that I was dubious about using it.
Your replies have just backed up my bad feeling about using it.

Thanks Again

Reply to Do I need to prime marmox ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen