Currently reading:
DIY Tiler - 90 sq m of large format porcelaine tiling making me nervous!

Discuss DIY Tiler - 90 sq m of large format porcelaine tiling making me nervous! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

PJPro

pj do you have a wet cutter
No. But I do have a couple of grinders.

I was thinking that maybe the plasplugs master tiler might be alright for the odd cut here and there but I was concerned that it would take to long to cut every tile with a wet saw. The dry cutter seems a much faster option....as long as I can get the tile to break where it should without chipping.

Last edited by a moderator:

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
No. But I do have a couple of grinders.

I was thinking that maybe the plasplugs master tiler might be alright for the odd cut here and there but I was concerned that it would take to long to cut every tile with a wet saw. The dry cutter seems a much faster option....as long as I can get the tile to break where it should without chipping.

yes use dry cutter for straight cuts

but you need a wet cutter or a grinder with a tile cutting blade in it for angled cuts

D

doug boardley

I was intending to buy a cutter. Looks like the Rubi TX-700-N is the one to go for? How does the TX-700 (no N) differ to the TX-700-N? Is the N worth the extra?

I'm gonna have to buy the cutter tomorrow at the lastest, along with the (10mm) notched trowel, grout trowel, knee pads, etc, etc, etc.
imo the "N" isn't worth the extra, it just has a longer guide rail that can get in the way:thumbsup:

Reply to DIY Tiler - 90 sq m of large format porcelaine tiling making me nervous! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm planning to tile my kitchen floor with 8mm porcelain floor tiles (660x440mm). My kitchen floor is...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement