Search the forum,

Discuss diy dot and dab disaster! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

garretridge

been out today to look at a diy tiling job gone wrong customer spent £860 on tiles large format porcelain tiles he thought he would save money by doing it himself so he procceded to dot and dab in a 24sq mtr bathroom 4 tiles had come of his first row with a large chip in the base of the shower so he decided to stop and rang me to come look.i told him he was lucky to be alive if he had carried on and used that method it could have been fatal for someone.i asked him who told him to do that and he said i thought that it was the same as laying paving.well i got the job to finish or should i say start again so it worked out well for me but could have been a different story had he finished it all just to save money!:rant:

D

david campbell

it could have been so different if his wife or kids ended up in hospital!

i love it when you turn up at these jobs and they ask what they are doing wrong,ranges from not using spacers to starting in the middle of the wall with no batons and wondering why the tiles are sliding down the wall lol and worse!

L

LM Ceramics

its his own fault really id tell him to start again if the client has done most of the room himself and you finish the work you could be liable for damages i will never finish someone elses work off simply because i dont want to get blamed for poor work

that will teach him a typical diyer hes tried to save the pennies by attempting it himself but now has to pay a pro to finish it off it will cost him alot more

G

garretridge

i would normaly agree but he is paying me extra to put it right and is getting more tiles to replace the damaged ones so i might as well do it right and there is more work in the pipline so he says and cant really turn the work away bit slow at the moment!

L

LM Ceramics

i would normaly agree but he is paying me extra to put it right and is getting more tiles to replace the damaged ones so i might as well do it right and there is more work in the pipline so he says and cant really turn the work away bit slow at the moment!

suppose you re right it is difficult to turn work away if uve not got it defintley get him to sign something rectifying other peoples work it a horrible job good luck pal

Reply to diy dot and dab disaster! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen