Discuss Dijon Limestone pre seal on the reverse? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

slythetiler

Hi Folks. I am due to lay Dijon limestone tomorrow. In the past i have had to seal the reverse side of some limestone tiles prior to sealing as per the supplier instructions. But cant get this supplier to commit to saying yes or no to pre sealing. Normally the ones i dont seal just get back buttered and laid on a bed of adhesive. Whats the likelihood of the adhesive sucking through if i dont seal them. Going to be using rapid set white adhesive. any advice?

B

Bill

Why not just flat back skim anyway?

I have only pre sealed the reverse when using sand and cement.

F

Flintstone

Using rapid you shouldn’t have any problems. Wait til there dry and then seal. Use use universeal and seal when ever you like

S

slythetiler

Thanks for the comments guys. i didn't want to seal them if i didnt need to. much appreciated. :)

Reply to Dijon Limestone pre seal on the reverse? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks