Search the forum,

Discuss diagonal set full bathroom in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

georgetknight

sitting in the van this morning thought to myself just check my diary see what stuff i need for tommorow opened the diary at the page 14m2 diagonal set bathroom 1 window tiled into the reveal with 300x300 ceramics oh its going to be a fun day tommorow cant wait this is my least favourite type of tiling dont mind diagonal set on floors but on walls with a window oh ****
does anyone else share the same opinion

NOT DEAD EASY

W

wivers

Absolute mare mate!!! How many times do u get to the point round the the top of the window to find it don't meet.. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

C

Concept PHT

Get a good laser level for this type of work, and follow your lines.

Setting out is they key here.

I hope you have charged well for this? :)

G

georgetknight

i worked out the normal rate then doubled it hoping she might say it was to expensive £1100plus materials just going to take my time and do it right i have only done one of these before and your right concept the window took me two attempts to get them lining up what with moving the tiles around

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Still use a datum line and square a plumb line off it and keep to it. You can use the corners / points of the tiles to keep to the lines, so it sort of makes it similar to tiling square then, as you're still keeping to a plumb and level line that isn't to a 45 degree angle.

G

GazTech

Can't see the point of tiling on the diagonal.Surely they are all on the diagonal if you turn your neck by 45 degrees!!

G

GazTech

The choice between a lead weight for one ear or double the rate,usually gets the desired response every time Varley.seriously I've done some diagonals in origional style victorian repro stuff that looked sensational,but it is not for the faint hearted and not for someone fresh from one of those 4 week or whatever they are courses.

W

wivers

The choice between a lead weight for one ear or double the rate,usually gets the desired response every time Varley.seriously I've done some diagonals in origional style victorian repro stuff that looked sensational,but it is not for the faint hearted and not for someone fresh from one of those 4 week or whatever they are courses.

View attachment 264

I did this as my final task on a 4 week training course at PTS. I chose to do it as i felt confident enough. I don't think it makes to much of a difference if if u have done a 2, 4, 6 , or a whole years course. I think there's a knack to tiling, you can either do it good or you can't. I started the 4 week course knowing next to nothing about tilng, and by the 4th week i was laying diamond patternd floors and diaganal set walls. Now if anyone thinks they are a waste of time i beg to differ.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to diagonal set full bathroom in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen