Search the forum,

Discuss DeWalt d24000 in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi guys, new to the forum. Just purchased the DeWalt d24000. Looks like a cracking piece of kit although bigger than I was expecting. I purchased the 240v version. I have a couple of questions if anyone could help that would be great. Can this be set up outside if it is raining? Secondly are the additional water trays always necessary? I'm thinking that on the majority of jobs, set up with water extension tables on, it's not going to practical in terms of available space to use indoors. Thanks guys

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
:)
Hi guys, new to the forum. Just purchased the DeWalt d24000. Looks like a cracking piece of kit although bigger than I was expecting. I purchased the 240v version. I have a couple of questions if anyone could help that would be great. Can this be set up outside if it is raining? Secondly are the additional water trays always necessary? I'm thinking that on the majority of jobs, set up with water extension tables on, it's not going to practical in terms of available space to use indoors. Thanks guys
When i had mine i used it outside when drizzling but not in heavy rain. I didn’t want to get wet 😂 and yes you can operate without the trays. They are simply to give you a clean drier working area when indoors.
If you want to use in rain , then contact Dewalt tech team.

Reaction score

When i had mine i used it outside when drizzling but not in heavy rain. I didn’t want to get wet 😂 and yes you can operate without the trays. They are simply to give you a clean drier working area when indoors.
Thanks for the input Dave. So would you say it can get used indoors in a domestic setting with out the water extension trays and without water going everywhere? All of my work is domestic, people's houses with alot of the time restricted space. Thanks again

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score

Thanks for the input Dave. So would you say it can get used indoors in a domestic setting with out the water extension trays and without water going everywhere? All of my work is domestic, people's houses with alot of the time restricted space. Thanks again
If you don’t use the trays you will get water spillage and back spray. It’s a big saw set up inside tbh if space is tight.

Kevbos

Arms
Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211012-210659_Chrome.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 17
Reaction score

It says don't use it outside in rain or damp conditions on instruction manual
Thanks, spoke to DeWalt today and they said it could. I'll go with the instruction manual

Reply to DeWalt d24000 in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen