Search the forum,

Discuss Dewalt D2000 What Is It Worth? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

average

TF
Reaction score
I've been looking to buy one of these for awhile now and just came across this but its looking a bit worn/used to me for the money he looking and wondering what would be a fair offer going by these pics and is there anything I need to look out for.
The seller is trying to say its only been used once! Ive seen others bid and wont bid myself untill i know what its sort of worth

I've been saving to buy a new one but keep dipping into it and with xmass coming, it'll be spring before I can afford one.

IMG_20151003_144724.jpg
IMG_20151003_144724.jpg
IMG_20151003_144745.jpg
IMG_20151003_144804.jpg
IMG_20151003_144818.jpg
IMG_20151003_144833.jpg
IMG_20151003_144845.jpg
IMG_20151003_144900.jpg
IMG_20151003_144916.jpg

Last edited:
S

StevieBoy

It certainly doesn't look like it's been used only the once.

Cost wise, I'd bid him £100 if that's your thing, but I reckon there are better saws out there for the money if that's the kind of thing you want.

mma

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Personally, I'd rather save up and get a brand spanker. You could spend £400/£500 on a 2nd hand one and say it goes wrong after a few weeks? You don't know what abuse it has had. Unless it is really, really cheap...

I

Ian

I'd be really reluctant to buy something that expensive second hand, it's probably worth £400-£500, so for the extra couple of hundred I'd rather have new for the warranty. Keep saving mate, you could end up losing £400.

average

TF
Reaction score
I'd be really reluctant to buy something that expensive second hand, it's probably worth £400-£500, so for the extra couple of hundred I'd rather have new for the warranty. Keep saving mate, you could end up losing £400.
It certainly doesn't look like it's been used only the once.

Cost wise, I'd bid him £100 if that's your thing, but I reckon there are better saws out there for the money if that's the kind of thing you want.

What better saws can be bought for the price of the dewalt?

average

TF
Reaction score

I was thinking near 300 and no more. That's 500 odds cheaper but I see what your saying, it could be 300 down the drain although what is the worst that can happen to them.

S

Spud

What better saws can be bought for the price of the dewalt?
There isn't a better saw in that price bracket , the dewalt is the best on the market , the saw in the picture is worth about £350 second hand any more than this and you would be better off buying a new one

average

TF
Reaction score
There isn't a better saw in that price bracket , the dewalt is the best on the market , the saw in the picture is worth about £350 second hand any more than this and you would be better off buying a new one

I was thinking the same because I haven't heard anyone mention a better cutter. Think I'll offer the £300 and see how I get on with it.

Reply to Dewalt D2000 What Is It Worth? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen