Search the forum,

Discuss DeWalt 24000-Five years old in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rob Z

I was unloading the saw the other day and snapped this picture. We got this saw Jan 2005, and other than the well-known problems with the GFCI block on the plug (which I finally cut off and now plug the saw into a GFCI 4-way that my sparky wired for me), we haven't had one second of problems with this saw.

You can see that it has held up well, and just needs a little bit of TLC and cleanup.:oops:

I've owned ~ a dozen tile saws over the past 20 years, and this saw is by far the best of the lot. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Dewalt 3 2010.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 95
R

Rob Z

Neale, the GFCI block was a POS. Everyone I talked to had their GFCI block fail. DeWalt sent out replacements free of charge. I think I replaced ours three times before I cut it off and started using the GFCI cord.

It could be that they have fixed that by now, or maybe the ones sold in the UK had a different GFCI block for some reason.

R

Rob Z

Dave, yes, that is a "Bed Slide" brand sliding bed rack in the pickup. We have them in three of our four trucks. They're well worth the money IMO because it saves our knees and backs trying to get stuff out of the truck.

How common are pickups in the UK? Most guys here use pickups, except for trades such as plumbers, HVAC, etc, and they use vans most of the time.

Reply to DeWalt 24000-Five years old in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen