• UK Tiling Forum that lauched to the World. USA and UK Tile Fixers

Welcome to the UK Tiling Forum for UK Tiling Advice, and US Tile Fixers Advice, whether wall tiling or floor tiling advice, by Tilers Forums. The collective tiling advice forum. TilersForums.co.uk now redirects to TilersForums.com.

Discuss Dealing with wonky out of plumb walls and large format in the UK Tiling Forum | Tiling Advice area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Chris N

TF
Reaction score
Helping a friend out with a small bathroom and one of the walls is pretty uneven and not particularly plumb.

I've levelled it out with a bit of rapid set to get it flatter but wondered what you guys do with regarding getting it plumb. Its not massively out, just want to get it as good as possible as he wants 600x300 porc.

Whenever I've used the above before, I've always boarded and prepped the room so everything is like a billiard table, now I have a bmx track :D

Is it a case of going up a size in trowel and if so, what's realistically the biggest you can use on a wall, or more levelling before starting?

All the best

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
Need to get the wall flat first..... Either by replastering or over boarding..... And with that size tiles make sure your within the correct weight limits for the substrate..

OP
C

Chris N

TF
Reaction score
Thanks Andy. I can get it flat with a bit of work. The wall has already been boarded, but not very well and the room is already small, so over boarding isn't really an option, although I would have preferred to go down this route.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
Can you not take the badly done boarding off and reboard it yourself? Very small outlay for materials.

OP
C

Chris N

TF
Reaction score
Macten...yep, would be the best option. Basically, he's got certain works done by others that I was going to do and now I've got to deal with it. Unfortunately its not so simple to take it off and reboard, as the tray has been fitted.

Porcelain tiles Andy.

Reply to Dealing with wonky out of plumb walls and large format in the UK Tiling Forum | Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Replies you've not seen

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzer