Search the forum,

Discuss Cutting On The Curve in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bcd-87

I usually square the tile up, against the pan check at the joint how much over i am and holding my pencil at the required gap scribe around the pan.. lol if that makes any sense.. 40-50 mm at a time depending on the cut

O

Old Mod

I tend to use a grinder for curved cuts, much more control than using a wet cutter and nippers. Instead of using a profile gauge, get yourself some thick lining paper and make a template, it gives much more accurate results in my experience of using both methods.
As Bri says, template for me as well, by far the easiest. I just cut some paper to the size of a tile then it makes life even easier.

Nearest bit of Corex or the box the tile came in for me! :)

ANDY F

TF
Reaction score
If it was a standard white suite yeah, cracked pan equals a trip to Travis Perkins. This is an Avocado, been in since the house was built, went out with the Betamax, not seen one for yonks pan. If I break it I'm in it deep. Hence tiling around it

Reply to Cutting On The Curve in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen