Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Cutting 20mm Porcelian in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi I have recently took on a big patio area floor job to be tiled in 20mm thick porcelian and was just wondering if anyone had any tips for cutting these monsters. I have a sigma 3p3m and rubi tx cutters that supposedly cut upto 20mm thick but don't they are going to cut these. Any help would be much appreciated

S

Spare Tool

Hi I have recently took on a big patio area floor job to be tiled in 20mm thick porcelian and was just wondering if anyone had any tips for cutting these monsters. I have a sigma 3p3m and rubi tx cutters that supposedly cut upto 20mm thick but don't they are going to cut these. Any help would be much appreciated
@antonio just done one...sigma cut em ;)

Reaction score
Thanks for your help lads hopefully the sigma will cut them but I think I'm going to call ats diamond tools and ask them to recommend there best wheel for my bench cutter just in case

I

Italy

What do you mean Antonio ? The tiles are 600x600 and there are 4 or 5 steps to be done @antonio
4 / 5 mark /

image.jpeg

L

LM

What do you mean Antonio ? The tiles are 600x600 and there are 4 or 5 steps to be done @antonio
Tobins, Antonio is Italian and doesn't speak English, he uses google translate.
He means you need to score the tile several times before you attempt to break it, which the sigma should do with ease and if there are cuts that may be too small to break off he's telling you to use a grinder for those

I

Italy

for to break. use rubber mallet.
otherwise. demolish sigma.
some cuts. they break it yourself. There's no need. crush

Reply to Cutting 20mm Porcelian in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks