Search the forum,

Discuss cscs card in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

marky

Hi all
Done my H/S and past sent of for card,they ask me if i had any qualification i said no but have been tiling for 24 yrs they said ok will put you done for a experienced worker and get fast tracked all this cost £60.Got back form work and my card was here,and guss what its a experienced card in red and under it it says (TEMPORARY CARD ) expires April 2011.No paper work to say why only temp what a waste of money :mad2::mad2:

G

Gazzer

Hi all
Done my H/S and past sent of for card,they ask me if i had any qualification i said no but have been tiling for 24 yrs they said ok will put you done for a experienced worker and get fast tracked all this cost £60.Got back form work and my card was here,and guss what its a experienced card in red and under it it says (TEMPORARY CARD ) expires April 2011.No paper work to say why only temp what a waste of money :mad2::mad2:

That cos they want an NVQ2

B

brinkley

go to your nearest college that does tiling courses ask about ewpa experienced worker practical assessment . it will cost £62.50 for registration and you will have to provide a portfolio and any proof you have of being in the tiling industry for over 5 years references , photos etc they will give you a few questions on maths and english and some tiling questions , you will also have to do a bit of tiling . the whole thing will take no less then 3 months but you have to find a college who are government funded

M

marky

Hi neale
Remember now but when i booked thay said i would need to do it with in 3yrs going to ring tom and have a moan.:incazzato:

G

Gazzer

You can get an NVQ2 through Chase Tiling Academy and get funding too...You will walk it Mark no worries.:thumbsup:

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Hi Marky, 24 yrs should get you a diamond encrusted platinum master craftsman card imo, nvq is fine but, if you don't qualify for at least level 2, more like level 3, they should bring back grandfather rights in your case, and anyone else with your experience:thumbsup:

G

Gazzer

Hi neale
Remember now but when i booked thay said i would need to do it with in 3yrs going to ring tom and have a moan.:incazzato:

The trouble is mate most of these people dont know their backside from their elbow.....they all tell a different story:mad2::incazzato::incazzato::incazzato:

Reply to cscs card in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen